San Diego brewer announces huge development and expansion plans
Stone Brewing Co. announced plans yesterday to undertake a significant expansion of the brewery and related business ventures. The expansion includes;
• Doubling the footprint of existing brewery and increasing annual production from the current 150k bbls to 500k bbls.
• A new catering company to launch in June that will provide catering throughout the county.
• A new restaurant to be located in Liberty Station, a new mixed-used development near the airport
• An 1,118-square-foot merchandise and beer store in South Park to open in June with tasting bar and up to 14 beers on tap.
• A 16-acre farm that will grow produce for the on-premise businesses.
• A 6-acre project directly across the street from the brewery that will include a boutique hotel, office space and a home for the catering company