New product helps brewers solve fermentation issues
To help professional brewers solve common yet vexing problems, White Labs Pure Yeast and Fermentation has introduced a new line of fermentation enzymes, using technology from DSM Food Specialties.
White Labs’ new enzymes helps brewers to break through the unforeseen roadblocks and SNAFUs common to commercial brewing.
The enzymes can help with the following:
• Prevent chill haze during beer storage
• Prevent clogging of filters and heat exchangers
• Eliminate residual sugars, both for production of low calorie beers AND extra high-alcohol beers
• Improve yield of fermentable extract (to improve brewhouse capacity)
• Improve extract yield—especially when using adjuncts in the mash
In liquid form, the various enzymes improve fermentation performance in unique ways at different stages (in the mash, prior to fermentation or during maturation)—according to the targeted result desired by the brewer.