Turnkey 10bbl brewery, busy, profitable, retirement sale, COVID survivor, 1.8 million visitor/yr town ( $500,000 )Hot
Retirement sale of 1000 bbl/yr Brewery, 160 seat restaurant, gift shop, warehouse in Galena,IL and 80 seat Ale House in Moline IL, grossing $1M/year.
All brewing equipment new in April 2010 from (Premier Stainless Systems, San Diego). New 20bbl fermenter added in 2014, new 20bbl bright tank in 2015. The Moline satellite Ale House opened in May 2019. Equipment has proven to be very reliable, and a suitable platform on which to brew exceptional beer, consistently.
Regular and Seasonal ales brewed 2 to 3 times per week, 12 taps, two towers. The brewery is known for its full bodied, flavorful but very drinkable ales and lagers. Reviews from the public and beer lovers are consistently positive, almost without exception.
The GBC distributes half bbl and sixth bbl kegs, (and 16 oz Quad can packs when in demand) through local distributors. Canning is performed according to demand by a mobile canning company who sets up in our cellar.
Since opening in August of 2010, the brewery has won 12 prestigious awards:
- 2011 NABA Bronze Award for the Uly’s Dark Stout
- 2012 World Beer Cup Silver Award for the Uptown Brown Nut Brown Ale
- 2012 GABF Bronze Award for the 5 Lizard Ale contract brewed for the 5 Rabbit Brewery, in Chicago
- 2012 Chicago Hoptacular 1st place Award for the 5 Lizard Ale contract brewed for the 5 Rabbit Brewery, in Chicago
- 2013 NABA Bronze Award, 2014 NABA Gold Award for Fevre River Hefeweizen
- 2011, 2013 NABA Bronze Awards for Uly’s Dark Stout (for the second time)
- 2013 NABA Gold Award for Annabelle’s IPA
- 2015 NABA Gold Award for the Farmers Blonde Ale
- 2015 Tastings Gold Award for the Oktoberfest, see below
- 2018 World Cup Gold Award for the Dry Irish Stout
Wholesale: Contract Brewing
Between 2011 and 2018 the GBC served six breweries to fulfil contracts, as shown below:
- 5 Rabbit Brewery (Chicago) 2011
- Ale Syndicate (Chicago) 2012
- Old Abbey Brewery (Chicago) 2013
- Generations Brewery (Freeport, IL) 2014
- Pecatonica Beer (Gratiot WI) 2014
- Cognito Brewery (Merrillville, IN) 2018
- Baked Beer & Bread (Davenport, IA) 2018
- Interest from contract brewing customers led to an extra 20 bbl of fermentation capacity being added 2013.
Retail: Bar & Gift Shop
- Imaginative logo apparel for men, women and children of many sizes
- Logo glassware, and logo memorabilia
- Insulated logo tankards and growlers of various sizes, colors and varieties
- Beer for carry out in 22 oz “Bombers”, 32, 64, 128 oz growlers or 5 gal or 15.5 gal kegs, and limited special releases in 22oz bottles.
Moline Ale House
Following the trend of brewpubs opening ale houses to boost demand we built and opened a 13 tap ale house in River Drive, Moline a block from the John Deere Pavilion and the Tax Slayer Center. The two music plazas in that area draw very large and thirsty crowds.