Ss Brewtech | 1 bbl Brewhouse | Nano Fermenters & BritesHot Featured
When we began designing the 1 bbl Brewhouse we knew we didn’t want to simply scale up our home equipment line. Instead, we took everything we’ve learned designing, operating, and executing full size professional brewhouses around the country and scaled it down. The result of this approach is the industry’s first professional grade nano brewhouse. Engineering better beer. That’s what we do.
We have designed the heat sources and electrical framework of the 1 BBL brewhouse to enable the brewer precise control over each temperature and process. At the core of that objective are independent heating elements for each vessel, allowing the user to dial in the perfect strike and sparge temp in the HLT, sustain or step mash temps through the integrated RIMS tube, or modulate the perfect rolling boil via the proportional heat control in the kettle.
Drawing from research and development in our pro brewing business, the Ss Brewtech Engineering Team outfitted the 1 bbl Brewhouse with a custom center-mounted element which is shrouded by an internal calandria. Convection forces the wort up from the bottom of the kettle through the calandria’s tube, where the wort is then super-heated and dispersed – yielding increased wort circulation, volatile compounds boiling off more efficiently, and greater hop utilization.
Drawing from the brewer-centric design of our pro brewhouses lead us to the key design feature of this system, the valve tree. Placing all the critical process valves in one central location makes the brew day intuitive and enjoyable. The control panel is a scaled down version from our larger pro brewhouses. The entire brewhouse is built upon a network of sanitary welded and fully hard pipped TC connections. The integral hard piping matched with a fully welded frame provides a fit and finish never before seen in a 1 bbl brewhouse.
You won’t find a punched false bottom on any of the professional brewhouses we design, and we felt there was no place for one on the nano brewhouse. The precision milled false bottom allows for a faster vorlauf, clearer run off, and mitigates the risk of a stuck sparge. The pro inspired grain-out door allows for quick and easy clean up. Tip and dump, or scooping grain from the top of a mash tun are a thing of the past.
We introduced our line of Unitanks with the nano-sized 1 bbl Unitank, now we’ve made all the features of a professional Unitank available to the home brewer as well. 100% TC connections, lid mounted immersion chiller coil for temp control and crashing, and the ability to carbonate in-vessel make the Unitank the very best fermenter on the market.
- Fully welded TC flanges
- Combination 3” TC dry hop, CIP, and PRV port
- 3” TC cap with PRV
- 1.5” TC carb stone with 3/8” ball valve
- 1.5” TC blow off cane with welded blow off arm mount
- 1.5” TC to ½” ball valve for blow off cane
- 1.5” TC pro sanitary pressure gauge
- 1.5” TC pro sanitary sampling valve
- 1.5” TC thermowell with LCD thermometer
- 8″ TC lid with fully welded chiller coil
- Neoprene insulation jacket
- Butterfly valves with racking arm
- Stainless lower shelf
- Adjustable feet
The 2 bbl Unitank is designed and built alongside our line of Pro Unitanks, and includes all the features you’d expect on a professional level fermenter. The 2 bbl size is perfect for carbonating beer pulled from a wooden whiskey or wine barrel.
- Pro Construction: 3 mm inner wall, 2 mm dimpled glycol jacket, 1.5 mm outer wall
- 1.8 gal glycol jacket volume
- Proprietary 12″ TC lid cap with TC gasket retention system
- Lid cap includes combination 3″ dry hop port and PRV
- Blow off tube and Sanitary Pressure Gauge
- Zwickle Sampling Valve and Analog Thermometer
- 1.5″ TC Rotatable racking arm with DIN nut, 1.5″ lower dump port
- Discrete cylinder and cone jackets allow for half batching
- 1/2″ NPT glycol inlet and outlet ports with internal jacket tie
- 316 SS Carbstone with valve
- Cone mounted sleeved RTD port with probe included
- 4 MM lower stiffener plate with adjustable feet
- 36in x 36in x 72in
Brite tanks are a critical part of any professional brewer’s workflow, and now we’ve made them available to homebrewers. The versatile Ss Brite Tank BME can be used both as a traditional brite tank and also as a serving vessel. We’ve taken everything we love about the standard Ss Brite Tank and have added fully welded TC connections, in addition to the popular chilling coil and neoprene jacket. If it’s craft brewery quality clarity and carbonation you are after, then the Ss Brite Tank BME is for you. The carb stone and 15 psi pressure rating of the brite tank make carbonation issues a thing of the past.
- Dished bottom
- 8″ diameter top TC port with chilling coil & neoprene jacket
- TC Carbonation stone
- Sanitary TC sampling port
- Sanitary TC pressure gauge
- TC Thermowell
- TC Pressure Relief Valve
- 15 psi operating pressure
- Custom tooled butterfly valve
- TC sight glass w/ etched volume markings