*** SOLD *** MODIFIED 3BBL STOUT SYSTEM FOR SALE - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA [$27,500.00]Hot
UPDATE: A few items have been sold separately, post updated accordingly.
For Sale: Modified Stout Tanks 3BBL System – $27,500 Package Price
This system has been our workhorse for almost 4 years running. We consistently get over 3bbl yields on our brews, and that includes 9-10%ABV beers. Mash Tun hits 21-22p first runnings, never a stuck mash as long as you don’t put flaked adjuncts in first. When we received the system from Stout Tanks, we found several things to be inadequate and upgraded the system accordingly.
The Mash Tun was good, but the kettle needed a lot of work. The 8″ chimney was offset from the axis of the center drain, which created unequal air flow for the two burners. The burner shroud was also too low, reducing airflow. We got a blank from Stout Tanks and cut our own burner shroud so the 8″ chimney opposed the center drain. We also raised the kettle with 4″x4″ box steel to increase airflow. Then we upgraded the burner jets so we had dual 100k burners instead of 75k. Finally, we insulated the interior of the burner shroud and the drains with high temp insulation. The result was a kettle that could hit boil on an 18p beer in less than 60 minutes with no caramelization. Regular burner maintenance is important, we clean the jets every 4 months or so. The ignition cables were just replaced as well, with ceramic boots.
Other notable upgrades were replacing the Stout carb stone with an 8″ GW Kent stone, this cut carb times down to sub 24hr. Burner control system was mounted in a waterproof case with seal tight for solenoid connections. All fermenters have air fittings on the top TC to pressurize.
System will be in use for the next three weeks then decommissioned. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, you’re more than welcome to come over for a brew along while the system is still in use. More pictures and video are available as well. Price is $27,500 for the package. Happy to arrange shipping for you, I’ve shipped systems before… Cheers!
- Mash Tun with lid/sparge arm/vorlauf dongle/false bottom/paddle
- Kettle with Steam Stack
- Dual 100k NG Burners
- Burner control system mounted in waterproof enclosure.
- CPE Systems C114 1.5HP Pump 230v/1phase on cart, new seal kit
- 2 5ft Uniflex 1″ Brew Hose TC/TC
- 1 10ft Uniflex 1″ Brew Hose TC/TC
- Thermaline Single Stage HeatX with O2 stone/sight glass/temp gauge
- 15 gallon Grant with lid/false bottom/1″ SS ball valve
- Drill powered mill with MM3 Monster Mill
- 5 – 3BBL Single Wall Fermenters with casters
- 1 – 3BBL Bright Tank with casters/8″ GW Kent Carb Stone
- Single Speed Centrifugal .5HP Pump 110v cold water knock out pump
- 30″ St. Pats Cartridge Housing Filter