Covid-proof Nano Brewery for Sale on Hilton Head Island, SC ( $199,000 )
4BBL Nano Brewery under construction 4Q 2020 in highly desirable south end of Hilton Head Island. Designed to brew and can beer ‘to-go!’
Hilton Head Island = Unrealized Potential
- HHI currently has one craft brewery operating on the north end of the island, located in an industrial park near the airport.
- The local population, the tourism, the entertainment and the action is on the south end of the island.
- There are no breweries in the Sea Pines Circle zoning district as the Land Management Ordinance zoning does not allow for them.
- This brewery only exists because of battling the town of HHI and going through the Board of Zoning Appeals to get it approved.
- Whether you want to start your own brewery on HHI or currently operate one elsewhere and want to establish a foothold for your brand on this highly sought-after destination, the heavy lifting has been done to make this a fast reality for you.
Under Construction 4Q 2020
- Brand-new electric brewhouse & packaging components include:
- Stout Tanks 4BBL Mash Tun and 4BBL Boil Kettle
- 210 Gallon Hot Liquor Tank
- (2) Steincraft 5BBL Fermentation Vessels (readily add 3+ more)
- Wild Goose Filling ‘Gosling’ canning machine is state of the art with unprecedented low dissolved oxygen ratings (delivers late October/early November).
- 7’ Perlick Kegerator w/2 towers
- 6’x10’ walk-in cooler
- New Honeywell DR120A3000 ventilating dehumidifier
- Plan for brewhouse to be operational and approved by SLED in November.
Less is More!
- The right operating cost structure combined with a much less complicated business can provide = or > return than a more CapEX and OpEx intensive brewery.
- Additional space can be negotiated in the building. It’s all a matter of how big you want it to be.
- The mantra for our location is “we provide the beer; you provide the venue.”
- No offense intended, we did not want to get in the entertainment business and contend with kids, dogs, food, bands or constantly being asked to change the channel on the TV’s.
- This brewery is purely to make and sell craft beer out the door.
- Annual Property, General Liability & Liquor Liability insurance under $2K!
- Covid-19 was not part of our plan, but it ended up affirming it!
- As breweries were forced to close their tap rooms and rely on carry-out sales it was the exclamation point on our small form factor designed to be ‘to-go’ anyway.
- A big advantage is our low overhead in comparison to an OpEx intensive brewery with a massive tap room that is empty or only allowed to have partial occupancy.
- Tap room revenues are great when you have them, but difficult to pay the rent when you do not.
- 16oz can sales out the door is what will sustain craft breweries in the foreseeable future.
Location (say it two more times)
- Enter 144 Arrow Road in Google Maps and you will see this in the bullseye zone of where 2.6M annual visitors flow through HHI.
(Look for the old Sunny Daze Surf Shop on street view.)
- Arrow Road is a major cut-through for traffic avoiding Sea Pines Circle. The storefront is just over 50’ from the street!
- Area serves significant local population from mid-island to the south end including Sea Pines, Wexford, Long Cove, Shipyard, Shelter Cove, Palmetto Dunes and several off-plantation neighborhoods and resorts.
- Location is on the Breeze Trolley route from Shelter Cove to Coligny Beach, with stop #4 at the HHI Motorcoach Resort right down the street.
- Papa Wheelie’s food trailer is fulltime on premise.
Licensing & Lease Info
- Occupancy is approved as ‘mercantile’ so growlers and packaged beers can be sold ‘to-go.’
- If you are familiar with Aslin Beer Company in Herndon, VA, this is modeled to produce 10% of their volume.
- The occupancy can be classified as ‘assembly’ with the addition of a 2nd restroom, which will support tap room draft sales.
- Location is secured under a 36-mos lease eff. 9/1/2020 with renewal options.
- Rent is an ultra low $1,400 per month. Wi-Fi and garbage included. Just pay water & electric. Hard to rent a popsicle stand on HHI for less!
Why is it being offered for sale?
- This is a side hustle; we are exploring selling it over the next few months while we operate in a soft-launch mode.
- Our plan is not to operate it as a main hustle until March 2021.
- It only needs a couple full-time people to run it, it is just a question as to whether we will be those people or somebody else will.
- Cash flow proforma available in addition to the complete PDF slides upon request.
Pricing & Inquiries
Offered at $199,000
- Any COGS on hand to be conveyed at actual cost.
- Business is free & clear of any debts or liens.
- Owner financing is not available.
If interested, please email your contact information to: