The annual American Beer Week is running May 11-17, 2020 — this year it turns to helping craft breweries with a focus on support during crisis. Consumer action items like gifting craft brewery merchandise and gift cards and social sharing of support messages directly tuned to support craft breweries during this crisis. Also included is a $1,000,000 GoFundMe campaign to directly support craft breweries, the Believe in Beer Craft Brewery Relief Fund.
Read on for more on American Craft Beer Week, May 11-17, 2020
From the Brewers Association:
American Craft Beer Week provides an opportunity for beer lovers to connect safely with each other while supporting – and possibly even saving – local microbreweries, taprooms, brewpubs, and regional craft breweries. These small businesses are undergoing unprecedented challenges due to the global pandemic. U.S. craft breweries are job creators and community gathering places—providing more than 161,000 direct full and part-time jobs and hosting nearly 68 million unique brewery visitors in 2019 alone. Additionally, craft breweries donated more than $82 million to local charities last year, approximately $3.10 for every barrel of beer brewed.
“Independent craft breweries are an essential component in the important economic network of growers, distributors, supplier partners, beer lovers, and retailers,” said Julia Herz, publisher of CraftBeer.com and craft beer program director at the Brewers Association. “This American Craft Beer Week, brewers and beer lovers will connect in new ways during these challenging times. From May 11 to May 17, those who commit to giving independent craft beer will make a difference that reaches beyond the beverage to support and save thousands of hometown breweries who are instrumental in giving back to so many local communities and charitable causes.”
American Craft Beer Week call to action includes:
• Commit to Give Craft Beer and stand up and be counted for gifting craft beer, gift cards, merchandise, or other food and beverage offerings from a U.S. craft brewery.
• Download these Zoom backgrounds to use during video chats
• Download and share a social media post and tag #GiveCraftBeer
• Commit to #GiveCraftBeer at AmericanCraftBeerWeek.com: Stand up and be counted by gifting craft beer, gift cards, merchandise, or other food and beverage offerings from a U.S. craft brewery.
• Find your community: Use #GiveCraftBeer and follow @indiebeer_ for chances to participate all week
• Donate to the Believe in Beer Craft Brewery Relief Fund to help craft breweries and state brewers guilds weather this unprecedented financial storm.